The Weather Forecast – Perfect Storm’s Weekly Newsletter October 1st
The Weather Forecast – October 1, 2018
Spooktacular Halloween Trunk or Treat – Friday October 26, 6:00-8:00PM
Parents, we welcome you to participate in all the fun. We need volunteers to decorate the trunk of their vehicles for trick or treaters. We are hoping to have a large amount of trunks decorated for all the kids to enhance their trick or treating experience!
What you need to do:
- Decorate the trunk of your car as fun or spooky as you like. (You are welcome to have extra decoration along side your vehicle)
- Bring Candy to pass out to eager trick or treaters
- Most importantly… HAVE FUN with the kids!
We will have the Gym decorated and coaches dressed up and ready to help pass out candy and get the party going! Don’t miss out on the Halloween Fun!
Please sign up your trunk at the front desk ahead of time (call or email if simpler) to help us establish numbers.
Parking lot set up will begin at 5:00pm.
*Do you or someone you know own a home based business? Decorate your trunk and have business cards handy to pass along to parents as a promotion for you business.
It’s that time of year again!
Please help us keep our gym safe and clean. We have provided ample amount of boot racks to ensure all outdoor footwear is removed when entering our gym as well as a place to store them safely. Please do NOT leave them on the floor in front of the boot racks or in front of the door as this creates a tripping hazard.
Parents, lets all be great role models to our children!
Run for the Cure
Thank you to everyone who supported the Run for the Cure! We had a team of 110 participating in the run yesterday. Our team won the Friends & Family Award again this year as the top fundraising team and our team leader, Nicole Kennedy, received the Determination Award! Over the last 4 years, the Perfect Storm team has now raised over $53,000 towards breast cancer research.
No regular team practices or tumbling classes Friday, October 5 – Sunday, October 7 for Thanksgiving. The gym is open as usual on Monday, October 8 for private lessons, tumbling classes, and cheer practices.
Travel Information Meetings – Las Vegas
We will be running information sessions on October 13 at 12:30pm for travel to Las Vegas. Please mark this in your colander ensure you attend this meeting. We will advise you on Vancouver meetings as soon as they are set.
- Mon 7-8pm | Ages 5-8
- Mon 8-9pm | Ages 9-15yrs
Come and learn tricks & flips! Athletes will learn a basic introduction to front, back, and side flips, vaulting, and jumps in a safe and instructed environment!
They are excited to announce that they have 2 fundraisers on the go that you are able to participate in (you must pay upfront for all products):
- ADmazing savings coupon books. $25.00 with $10.50 profit. Running until October 10th.
- Nitza’s pizza. $10.00 will get you a large 3 topping pizza with $4.00 profit. Running until March.
95% of the profit your athlete raises goes directly on to their athlete account and can be used for merchandise, camps, clinics, monthly tuition, traval, Ext!
The remaining 5% goes to the admin cost of running a parents association. You can participate in as many or as little as you would like.
How can you contact them?
- facebook at Perfect Storm Sherwood Park Parent Association https://www.facebook.com/groups/171973426754777/
- Emailing them at, [email protected]
Have you found us on Facebook?
- Storm chasers: storm chasers sherwood park – perfect storm athletics cheerleading
- Your team: shpk (Your team name) (your level) 2018-19
Ex:shpk riptide junior prep 2018-19
- Rec teams : shpk recreational teams 2018-19
Open Gym this week ~ Tuesday 7-9
Open gym is free for athletes on a competitive team (prep or all-star) but we ask that you still sign in at the front before entering the gym. Please remember that athletes under 7 require a parent to be present. Open gym is a time to train and work on skills, not “playtime” in the gym.
Important Upcoming Gym Dates
- October 5-7 Gym is Closed for Thanksgiving
- October 20th All-Star team choreo with special guest. Check your team page for information and reminders.
- October 26th Spooktacular Halloween Trunk or Treat
- October 31st Gym Closed for Halloween
- November 9-11 Green and Gold weekend (ESKS Theme practice)
- November 18th Purple Reign Showcase, MANDATORY for Prep and All-Star
- December 21st – January 3rd Gym Closed for Christmas Break