Weather Forecast – July 6, 2020
Summer Training starts this week
We have a few spots left in our evening summer training program. Athletes will get 45 minutes of cheer training and 45 minutes of tumbling with a 15 minute break between. Coaches will sanitize all equipment between these classes.
COVID Screening Form
We have developed a screening form that must be filled out EVERY TIME an athlete comes to the gym. This will be in effect until further notice. Athletes whose forms are not filled out will not be permitted to enter the gym. We suggest that you save the link to this form so that you have easy access to it each time you come to the gym. All staff will also be required to fill this form out. We have been having issues with the actual link being emailed but the form does work. If the link does not work, please just copy the URL into a browser. You can also access the link from our Storm Chasers page on Facebook. Link to the form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1w48O16wJLWUdGrEQTkctvyNy5oGFDvKGU3iO4oZP8k0/edit
Coach Jesse from Calgary is in town this week to run tumbling clinics. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity to brush up on and improve your tumbling skills!
We are still looking for more Level 2 athletes to complete his class from 7:30-8:45PM (Beginner level 3 athletes are also recommended to take his level 2 class. Jesse is great with technique to help you improve!)
New Policies Reminder
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Perfect Storm Athletics will have several new policies in place when we re-open in July. These will include but are not limited to:
1. Daily health screening of all participants and staff. Anyone who has not completed the form or is ill/have any symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted in the gym.
2. No spectators & parents permitted in the gym.
3. Athletes may not enter the gym more than 5 minutes before a class or lesson and must leave immediately following the conclusion of their class or lesson.
4. Athletes must come to the gym dressed and ready. Do not bring extra bags, jackets, etc with you into the gym.
5. Water bottles MUST be labelled with the athlete’s name.
6. Athletes and coaches will remain 6 feet apart.
7. Hand-washing and sanitizing processes will be in place along with additional cleaning of the gym and equipment.
We ask that everyone please be respectful of these new policies and remain diligent in following all protocols to ensure the health of all of our athletes and staff.
Virtual Classes start this week
It’s not too late to register for one of our virtual classes.
- Fitness Bundle with Coach Sam & Coach Leanne – Sam will run a fitness class Monday through Thursday from 12-12:45pm. Leanne will be running 3 adult fitness classes – Tuesdays at 7:30pm, Thursdays at 9:30am and Saturdays at 9:30am. Only $99 for 5 weeks!
- Jumps & Conditioning with Coach Jesse – work on a wide range of jump drills and conditioning to get yourself ready for placements. $55
- Stretch & Flyer Training with Coach Heather – work on a variety of stretching exercises designed to improve flexibility and air positions. $55
- Adult fitness with Coach Leanne – these classes can either be taken as part of the fitness bundle or you can register for one, two or three days of adult fitness only. You choose your day. 1x week $55, 2x week $75, 3x week $90
Click here for a link to our summer schedule – the last tab is the virtual training schedule: Summer Training