Tumbling is the gymnastics element in all star cheerleading where athletes learn to move using their hands and feet in a series of springs, twists, rotations, and landings. Skills in this area include but are not limited to: rolls, cartwheels, walkovers, handsprings, tucks and layouts. Athletes can choose from a variety of classes offered at various times throughout the week.
Tumbling is an early-specialization element in gymnastics and cheerleading and as such requires additional training by qualified coaches. At Perfect Storm, we are committed to the highest standards of tumbling instruction and have developed our classes in accordance with the industry’s best practices. Many of our coaches are credentialed not only through the International Cheer Union, but also through the National Coaching Certification Program in association with Gymnastics Canada. We also provide in-house training for our coaches on an on-going basis.
- Tumbling is mandatory for all-star athletes enrolled in level 1 & 2 competitive cheerleading program and is recommended for prep athletes and athletes in level 3 & up.
- If you are required to take tumbling, or if you simply want to improve your tumbling, you may continue to take a regular tumbling class or you may sign up for a block of private or semi private lessons. We strive for a 8:1 athlete to coach ratio for all tumbling classes.
- The cost for a tumbling class is $60 per month + GST.
- Classes run September through March. Some fees may be pro-rated due to missed classes for holidays and/or competitions. Classes run once per week for 55 minutes.
- Cheer athletes in the all-star and prep programs pay monthly. Those not in one one of these cheer programs will pay the full fall or winter session fee (Sept-Dec or Jan-Mar) at registration.
- Non-Storm athletes who register for a fall session will have the option to continue into the winter session.
- Athletes stay in the same class September-March unless a coach determines a change is needed.
- We have created a schedule based on when each team practices. For most teams there is an appropriate class right before or after the team’s cheer practice.
- We do not offer make up lessons if an athlete misses a class.
Please note: While tumbling is billed monthly for athletes in a cheer program, when you register you are committing to the entire session and the full session’s fees. (Sept-Dec, Jan-Mar, June-Aug).
Semi-Private Tumbling Lessons
Semi-Private lesson fees are $30 + GST per 25 minute block per athlete.
- There is a 48 hour cancellation policy in effect for these lessons. If you cancel within 48 hours of the lesson and you are not able to find another athlete to take your spot, you will be charged for the lesson.
Lessons can be booked by calling the gym at 780-782-5808 or emailing [email protected] Please note, we strive to check emails at least every couple of hours but it may take up to 48 hours to receive a reply during competition season/weekends.